Tuesday, April 11, 2017

| sowing a garden wherever you are |

| wednesday |
good morning.
I am getting ready to:
1. wash my dogs
2. put up new chicken fencing
4. dig in the dirt
I am thinking that this will be the model for my garden this year.
Just taking a plot of earth & roto-tilling it and planting directly in it.
I had raised beds, but we had to tear them out because the termites
had done a job on them.
Once I am up at the farm, I will be able to have a large established area for the gardens.
I could have just skipped the gardens this year.
But I am a Taurus.
I am a Spring born baby....we like our dirt.
My yard has been chemical free for as long as I have lived here.
It was for many reasons, such as the accreditation from the National Wildlife Association
for wildlife habitats & the fact that I grew my food here.
{ we had a huge garden when the children were small, then the viking needed a barn, so.....}
I am a huge promoter of small backyard plots.
I feel that if you can grow even a small amount of what you consume 
you are already winning life.
Even container gardening is doable!...tomatoes & herbs are perfect for it.
It also teaches us about the cycles of seasons, seasons of life
and if you pay attention, you just may learn something new about yourselves.
 It is my stress reliever and therapy.
********
Today I get to reward my labors with a tea & walk date
with my fairy goddaughters!
You have to have moments of joy in your day.
This will be one of mine.
last years daffy crop...one more week!
The work at the country house is moving along..
He has replaced & braced the ballroom ceiling and  we had a discussion about whether
to just patch the plaster or re-do the whole thing correctly .
{ patching is quicker & most would never notice - but HE will, which
is why I love him}
Yep, we are replacing the whole ceiling.
So it will naturally take longer...*sigh*
But for the people coming after us, it will be done correctly.
Integrity.
Very cool & hard to argue with. ;)
©theherbshed 2017
This is just perfect, and so needed right about now.
Spring will be the season I work on moving forward towards all the goals
that I have set for the past several years.
I did the groundwork now it is time to get it all accomplished.
So, what are you all planting this year?
I am curious....
Post in the comments here or on my Facebook page 
which you can reach by looking here>>>>>>>
If you follow me on Instagram you will also see
daily life here at Moonshadows and throughout the
year as we work on The Country House.
{ and finally reveal the name! }
So stay tuned kittens.
And as always...
Count those blessings!
xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment