Sunday, November 26, 2017

| simple treats for the holidays |

| monday |
Oh boy, November 27th already!
Where has the time gone to?
I have been on track with all the goals I set at the beginning of the month.
Whole 30 - still happening.
On track with my purge/de-cluttering
Holiday gifts almost done
Home cleaned
{ except for where the flys are coming from...????  ugh }
Ingredients purchased for baking
Most of my cards sent { 77 of them }
Wrapping paper & trims procured
Getting my home ready for guests
Chicken coops cleaned and corn crib stocked
[ ordered clear corrugated roofing to insulate the sides once the real cold comes]
Set a date to tree hunt with the family
I am amazed at myself really.
Especially staying on the whole30 through Thanksgiving.
I will update you all as to how it worked out this week.
Today, I am languishing in the joy of achieving progress...
AND making new lists.
It is how I roll... ;)
In addition to those buckeye balls & swedish cake recipes that will
be featured this season, I am making homemade caramel & caramel treats.
As with the other two, it takes simple ingredients to make.
One vintage recipe I found was this one for 
Oven Caramel Corn
If you want balls, just mold them as soon as they come out of the oven.
These taste so much better than those ready made ones.
And it is simple, oh so simple.
Another festive & easy recipe with caramel are apples dipped in it.
After that, the sky's the limit...dip into whatever topping you like.
Super easy method?
Fits right into my goal of simplifying everything in my life.
I just picked up this beautiful CD ...
watched the video last evening and it was just gorgeous.
The holidays do not have to be stressful.
Pick only a few recipes and go with quantity rather than diversity.
{ I used to make 20 different types of cookies, ugh! No more. }
Instead of stressing about what to wear, buy staples at sales after Christmas in red and green.
{ scarfs, sweaters etc... I purchased a beautiful red scarf in an after Christmas sale last year for 2.99 }
and stick to simple styles...add flash with accessories if needed.
A simple red sweater looks amazing during the holiday season.
I hope that your week starts simply and stays as stress free as possible. Below is what I envision in my head when I start to stress. 
xxx ooo
Count those blessings
~R

No comments:

Post a Comment