Friday, May 30, 2014

Fairy Cake & Inspiration...

{Saturday}
Good Morning Kittens!
What a fresh & lovely morning. I was awoken to the sound of my mocking bird singing outside my window.
It was really wonderful.
Today is a work day for me.
After a weeklong altering of my costume to make it more functional, I am looking forward to entertaining the masses.
Did you know that each one of my characters was inspired by a specific fairytale character, or that they have their own music playlist, or that every detail of the vintage couture elements are crafted by me, including the props?
{as for other elements that I am not so great at...I have amazing craftspersons}
Every character is always changing, as nature & the seasons also do....and everyone has their own make-up and wardrobe.
So much magic goes into them even before they meet everyone.
I am inspired by them.
So....this fairytale post....
I hope that you enjoy it!
************
Here's the recipe for the Snow White Cake ~ by Colette Peters 3/4 cup vegetable shortening 1 1/2 cups castor sugar 2 tsp vanilla 2 3/4 cups cake flour 1/2 tsp salt 4 tsp baking powder 1 cup milk, room temperature 4 egg  whites, room temperature Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 9 inch baking tins. In a large bowl of an electris mixer, cream shortening until light and fluffy.Slowly add 1 cup of the sugar, continuously beating until fluffy. Add vanilla.  In a small bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Ad 1 T of the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and mix well. Then add 1 tablespoon of the milk. Alternate in this manner until the flour and milk is finished blending well after each addition. Do not overmix. In another bowl beat agg white until fluffy and then add the 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until stiff and shiny. Gently fold in teh egg whites into the flour mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Decorate with fondant and sugar paste decorations. ************
My Favorite Fairy Tale book as a child.
The first movie I ever saw...
It was also said that I looked very much like Snow White, with my dark hair & pale skin...
 Then, Lol... and now...
****************************
If I think about it, I live a faryish life already.
My home is green, no chemicals allowed.
I eat organically.
I eat fruits, veggies & nuts the most.
I love the forest & the creatures in them.
My family is pretty magical, all of them.
It all just fits!
I choose every day to be as positive al I can
It is a choice, really.
No matter what has happened in our lives, I was able to see some light of good in it.
You really must, or you become cynical...
I have been shown some pretty awful facets of this life, yet the grace of the human spirit is fierce.
You can move beyond & grow and be an inspiration to others.
Have a blessed & magical day kittens!
xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment