Sunday, March 4, 2018

| monday supper : corn chowder |

| monday |
good morning!
I was having such a great dream when I awoke this morning.
*bah* and I can't even remember it.... LOL!
It is a Monday.
Mondays are notorious for being a mess...
No matter how much you plan, it can go off of the rails so quickly.
I just try and keep an open schedule & a positive attitude.
Can we first talk about the Oscar dresses?
My 3 favorites?
{ all in the palest pink  }
and how adorable are they? The Consuelos'
Her dress is  truly epic.
 The weekend was all too short , but we spend our time together on Sundays,
no matter what.
 The Viking brought me up to the country house to see the progress that
was made Saturday. 
{ I was down here... fighting rats and trying to find the cause of a slow
kitchen faucet water issue }
I was happy to see progress on all of the baths, the new tub is in and the plumbing is almost
finished. But lo & behold I see....
A new bathroom roughed out on the 3rd floor!
{ so long walk in & only closet.... }
I still get a bit of the room left for storage.
a bit.
{ I love this guy }
Overall I was happy how fast the progress is starting to happen.
When you are restoring a home there is a systemic pattern that you have to go 
through. Back in the beginning, we had expert fireplace re-liners make all of the
8 fireplaces workable, with old school techniques . They actually stayed in a motel
nearby while the work was being accomplished. I remember coming in with paint samples and 
tile and thinking that it would be finished in a few months.
That was 3 years ago.
Since then, a new engineered septic, drilled & fracked well { over 700 feet}, new propane tank & lines have all gone in and he had the commercial stove serviced as well.
He is making it a functioning house and saving it as well. So there was the fractured supporting beam that had to be fixed and re-hung from the ceiling with custom hangers, then the wall in the staircase was bowed, so special iron braces had to be installed along the planking. Then there was the hundreds of feet of custom iron fence and gates hand made by our dear friend installed around the perimeter of the house property. It never ends with an old property ... I pray for a barn every day. I just want a barn, because that means we can get cranking with the farm business. Soon: until then...
I get to come in  and make it a home.
 Paint, tile, chickens and gardens...
and cooking...lots of cooking! It will happen.
I did see this near the waterfall....
Green growing things....
yay!
Spring cleaning season is coming!
I have started in my bedroom already with these easy hacks:
I vacuumed  the mattress then sifted lavender oil and baking soda on it.
Let it set for an hour or so, and vacuumed again.
Over the years I would just break down and purchase new pillows every year.
Having asthma, it was a small price to pay to be able to breathe easier at night.
However, I could never buy "nice" pillows because I threw them away yearly.
Then I found this recipe online & tweaked it a bit.
It totally made the pillows new again, fresh smelling & fluffy.
Plus all of the yellow stains were gone.
This evenings supper inspiration?
Hearty corn chowder.
I make my immune boosting soup
{ see recipe above }
I add a bag of organic corn and potato flakes to thicken it up towards the end of cooking.
Use scallions and well done bacon as a garnish.
Add corn bread & salad with dried fruit  =  supper.
May your Monday be filled with positivity & blessings.
xxx ooo
~ Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment