Monday, March 5, 2018

| crab cakes & oh look! more Winter! |

©theherbshed
| tuesday |
good morning
We have a Winter storm watch.
Okay Winter, I will accept this one last gasp.
I do understand that it is still Winter.
My chickens want very badly to dig in the greenish gardens.
They need the warm sunshine and breezes to dry out their coops.
They have been all cooped up { literally } for months now.
Well, so have I.
As I got out of my Jeep yesterday, I looked longingly at my bike
hanging from the ceiling and craved a sunny bike ride.
I can whine about it...
or I can spend the time planning my Springtime. Perhaps I will weed through my storage to see what I have for the Springtime. { and if it fits }
I can plan out a new exercise regimen . { just in case nothing fits from the closet }
The gardens, I have ideas for them too. { more Spring flowering ones for next year! }
I can plan new menu ideas, by  reading through my magazine pile. { then cut out the ones I like and throw the rest away }
Oh, an inspiration board, I may just make one of those!
Winter may still be here, but I can dream of Spring!
This recipe reminds me of Spring.
Crab cakes just scream light & lemony flavors.
{ though I bet you can use any fish...or even tuns from a can }
Placed in a bed of crispy lettuce....mmmmm
I am totally psyching myself up here. I know that I will have to deal with shoveling & lugging water to the coops 3x a day and all the "wonderful" things that cold & wintry weather has up it's sleeve for New England tomorrow. Hey, maybe I may just drag out those snow shoes that I keep forgetting I have and start that exercise program sooner! See? Positivity is a gift.
Count those blessings!
xxx ooo
~ Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment